Monday, February 27, 2012

"FOR PLEAT'S SAKE" PLEATED TOTE

I found this pattern months ago while surfing the internet and fell in love with it.  It's been on my Pinterest "to-do" list for quite some time.  I FINALLY got around to making it!

You can find the free PDF pattern here: Pleated Tote







Here is my version:


I made my own handles out of fabric rather than buy pre-made ones, since I couldn't find anything I liked in the stores.  I embellished the straps with little matching fabric flowers and buttons.  You can't see it, but I lined the tote with black fabric to match the handles.  I also added a snap closure because I like my bags to close at the top.

Once again, I bought the fabric at JoAnn's.

I was an easy pattern to follow and creates a good-sized tote.  I had some extra fabric, so I made a small bag and key fob to go along with it.





Happy Sewing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment